Monday, May 9, 2011

When FTV Met The Kooey Runway Show...

I have accomplished another first in my career (of which I hope there will be many, many more to come!). I not only styled the Kooey runway show at the FTV Fashion Week Wrap Party by Fashion Palette, but I was the creative director behind the show as well.

Now, I understand that some of you may not know what the difference between the two job descriptions are, so I will shed some light for you.

As a stylist, I was in charge of putting the looks together. This means I had to source shoes, jewellery and any other accessories needed to bring the entire look together. I also had to figure out which model to put with which look, and figure out the line-up - the order the looks would come out in.

As creative director, I took on a whole bunch of other responsibilities such as music choice, coming up with a brief for the hair and make-up artists, deciding how I wanted the models to walk, where I wanted them to walk/pose, and figure out any other props needed to bring the show together. I also came up with a lighting scheme and smoke machine option, but turns out there were no options to choose from.

So it ended up being a much bigger job than I had initially anticipated; and I didn't really know what I was getting myself into; and that was probably one of the biggest reasons I agreed to take it on - especially as a volunteer - I was completely naive. 

And yes, not everything came off the way I wanted it to, but sometime you just gotta roll with the punches, keep making decisions, and at the end of it all, I'm really proud with what I was able to accomplish in just a few days.

And I'm going to be on freakin' FTV!












 That's me in the middle!



Silly girls

 Pretty girls - you were all so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment